UMC brought home two prestigious awards at the annual Associate of General Contractors (AGC) Build Washington Awards on May 14, 2015. For the fourth time in the past five years, UMC was awarded the AGC Safety Excellence Award (for subcontractors 500,000 – 1 million hours) and Kirk Baisch was presented with the AGC Safety […]
We have a history of fabrication projects and experience that put us at the forefront of the mechanical construction industry. In fact, we tend to stay so far ahead of the curve, we’re no longer surprised when our competitors emulate our fabrication work.
But we aren’t just interested in being first—we have a solid commitment to being the best. That’s why we remain steadfast in our dedication to quality fabrication and expert craftsmen.
Our shop fabricates piping from 2″ ID through 24″ OD, sometimes up to 48″ diameter, to rigid pressure-piping code or customers’ unique specifications. We are a certified pressure piping provider, and we regularly enforce a quality control program in accordance with ASME codes for PP, R, and A stamps. All of our welding is performed by qualified welders using the latest equipment. Like everything we do at UMC, it conforms with stringent quality control requirements.
Examples of fabrication we typically deliver include:
- Complete underground and in-wall piping with required waste, vent, and water lines
- Restroom units with all associated carriers, piping and mounting hardware
- Mechanical-Room-in-a-Box complete with pumps, water heaters, boilers, controls, ducting, wiring and insulation
- Pre-piped walls for medical gases and equipment
Value of maximizing fabrication supports overall project team goals:
- Cost effective construction
- Reduced waste in materials and manpower
- Maximizes controlled production, enhancing quality and safety
- Timely delivery to job sites
We are committed to a lean process for design, construction, and facility maintenance. Lean design has two goals—to maximize value and minimize waste. These goals motivate everything we do: our client focus, our love of collaborating with all stakeholders at every level of a project, our careful scheduling of work and material flow, our desire to continually improve, and our empowered team of experts.