University Mechanical Contractors welcomes Randy Koetje, P.E., LEED AP as a lead engineer. Koetje brings over 30 years of mechanical engineering and project management experience.
Our engineering team offers creative design solutions that are efficient, cost-effective, and long-lasting. Many projects offer challenges in terms of cost, space allocation, or schedule duration, but our team of experts can help you find innovative solutions to each of these.
Our engineering team has three primary goals:
- Install quality mechanical systems that exceed our client’s expectations.
- Estimate the true cost of work. Best value can only be achieved if we have budget to succeed.
- Communicate & Coordinate the needs of our work with others to foster a successful project for all.
Our extensive engineering portfolio includes:
- Healthcare – in-patient hospitals, hospital renovation, ambulatory surgery centers, medical office buildings
- Life Sciences – laboratories, vivariums, clean rooms, GMP suites
- Office Space – Class A office, high-rise office, high performance office space
- Mission Critical – data centers, co-location facilities, server rooms
- Industrial – food processing, manufacturing
Capabilities & Expertise:
- Full mechanical and plumbing system design
- Sequence of operations
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Return on investment
- Energy modeling
- CFD analysis
- Master Planning
- Mechanical system simulation
- LEED and Sustainable design
- Process piping systems
- Medical gas systems
- Laboratory gas systems
- Industrial ventilation systems
- Fume Exhaust Systems
- Clean Rooms
- Fuel Oil System
- Central plants – co-generation, thermal, storage, hot water and steam, chilled water
- District Energy
- Building Automation Systems / DDC systems
- Electrical monitoring systems
- 3D building modeling
- Building commissioning
In all of our work, we have always tried to push our industry to be more innovative. For nearly 20 years, we’ve been leading a revolution in the usage of 3D BIM modeling and drawing coordination.