University Mechanical Contractors’ Jakob Sjoberg and John MacPherson are used to making presentations on behalf of UMC’s Environmental Water Treatment Group, but the one they made in March to a rapt group of scientists in Mukilteo was arguably one of the most crucial.
Our engineering team offers creative design solutions that are efficient, cost-effective, and long-lasting. Many projects offer challenges in terms of cost, space allocation, or schedule duration, but our team of experts can help you find innovative solutions to each of these.
Our engineering team has three primary goals:
- Install quality mechanical systems that exceed our client’s expectations.
- Estimate the true cost of work. Best value can only be achieved if we have budget to succeed.
- Communicate & Coordinate the needs of our work with others to foster a successful project for all.
Our extensive engineering portfolio includes:
- Healthcare – in-patient hospitals, hospital renovation, ambulatory surgery centers, medical office buildings
- Life Sciences – laboratories, vivariums, clean rooms, GMP suites
- Office Space – Class A office, high-rise office, high performance office space
- Mission Critical – data centers, co-location facilities, server rooms
- Industrial – food processing, manufacturing
Capabilities & Expertise:
- Full mechanical and plumbing system design
- Sequence of operations
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Return on investment
- Energy modeling
- CFD analysis
- Master Planning
- Mechanical system simulation
- LEED and Sustainable design
- Process piping systems
- Medical gas systems
- Laboratory gas systems
- Industrial ventilation systems
- Fume Exhaust Systems
- Clean Rooms
- Fuel Oil System
- Central plants – co-generation, thermal, storage, hot water and steam, chilled water
- District Energy
- Building Automation Systems / DDC systems
- Electrical monitoring systems
- 3D building modeling
- Building commissioning
Our integrated team approach has been proven to save time and money for owners, designers, and construction teams by eliminating waste. For one client, we used an Integrated Project Delivery method to minimize the duplication of work, streamline the design process, and shorten the project schedule by 30%.