Create, develop and maintain relationships with key clients within UMC’s identified market segments. Offer facility solutions in all disciplines offered by University Mechanical Contractors, Inc. including energy services, building controls and automation, mechanical systems installation and retrofit, ongoing service, maintenance and monitoring which enable our clients to reduce energy and other operational expenditures, improve comfort and tenant/employee productivity, extend and enhance their facilities’ infrastructure and insure its optimum operating performance over the facilities’ life.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement plans for strategic accounts in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Pursue long-term account strategies that maximize profits.
- Assist in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers.
- Develop a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Provide management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels. May develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels.
Specific Job Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Requires related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of related engineering, contractual, and financial concepts.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, ability to multitask with effective follow-through. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as utility bills, plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to write routine reports and correspondence, ability to speak effectively before employees and have professional interaction with customers.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA in related discipline; advanced degree where required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas. Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of “Key Responsibilities and Knowledge” as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.