- Skanska USA Building, Inc.
Business Developer – Energy & Environment Group
Develop energy focused conservation projects and customer network throughout the Northwest. Conservation projects include all aspects of energy and utility conservation: mechanical, electrical, lighting, controls and water conservation. Work with customers (both public and private) to consider and address all aspects of conservation projects (technical, political, environmental, legal and financial) with support from UMCs group of energy professionals.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Work with Energy Services team in the development and growth of existing customer base and expansion to new clients.
- Identify potential clients, make initial contact and foster new relationships in a consultative manner.
- Manage and grow customer base while working to meet annual revenue.
- Keep abreast of energy marketplace and help develop new product offerings to meet customer needs.
- Qualify customers and limit risk through legal, financial and technical means.
- Develop and continually improve energy services group sales marketing plan.
- Provide accurate sales forecasting and timely project closing to meet annual sales goals.
- Lead proposal development bid process and the procurement of new work.
- Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to team members.
- Develop and maintain client relations.
- Actively engage in northwest energy marketplace with participation in local organizations.
- Provide leadership throughout sales process.
- Participate in project technical development.
- Work proactively with technical team to drive new offerings.
- Work with management team to set annual goals and customer focus.
Specific Job Skills:
- Formal presentation skills.
- Ability to work directly with high-level individuals within large organizations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of energy products, services, technical systems and financial solutions.
- Ability to lead and foster positive working environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate energy conservation concepts.
- Attention to detail – errors & mistakes can result in significant financial losses.
- Formal/informal consultative sales skills.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
- Entry level to five years’ experience as energy sales professional (experience with state ESPC and/or energy focused sales preferred)
- College degree desired.
- Energy-specific, strategic selling, and negotiation training preferred.
- CEM and or CEA preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.