First place winner of the 2015 AGC Build Washington Safety Excellence Award (Sub-Contractor 500,000 - 1 Million hours).
Through systematic research and investigation, explore and experiment with potential technology solutions that will drive precise, timely, and efficient outcomes for our customers.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Using the scientific method, explore and experiment with the most relevant and applicable new technologies that will address the various challenges faced by our customers. Identify and clearly define the problem/ challenge, research solutions, form a hypothesis, plan experiment(s), analyze the data, form a conclusion, and communicate results in a methodical and systematic manner.
- Ensure data from both internal and external applications are compatible (the applications communicate with each other) and are integrated in a way that allows the measurement of outcome/ impact.
- Facilitate and drive the integration of software, services, and accelerators designed to accelerate data management and the subsequent insight, learning, transformation and innovation it brings.
- Formulate effective and relevant questions to ask stakeholders to find and isolate the true pain points / business needs. Use and translate these findings to feature sets of existing technologies and integrate them into requirements for an internal or external resource to develop.
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
- Network across technology and construction industries, establishing working relationships with competitors and peers, to encourage and facilitate the sharing of ideas, concepts, and best practices.
Specific Job Skills:
- Coding experience/ API integration experience.
- Scientific and numerical skills.
- Understanding of “technology spend” - where best to invest the technology budget that maximizes impact and value for the customer.
- Ability to leverage a toolset and/or team of internal and external resources that assess and implement improvement opportunities.
- Experience with value stream mapping, metrics-based business process mapping, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and design thinking.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors-level degree in math, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, economics, or management science.
- Minimum of one year collecting, analyzing and interpreting data, observing trends with data, and presenting results that are easily understood.
Maintain a valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record. UMC reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is illustrative and in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will” and either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason, and with or without advance notice. The job requirements are subject to change within the company’s sole discretion to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.