Develop energy conservation projects through on-site auditing, engineering analysis, understanding of energy/ mechanical systems and thorough communication and fact-finding. Conservation projects include all aspects of utility conservation: mechanical, electrical, lighting, and water conservation. Assist with LEED certification on design/ build projects, including building modeling and recommendations for mechanical/ energy system design.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Energy Services team in the development, procurement and execution of conservation projects.
- Assist in the development of energy conservation project scope and proposal development.
- Perform preliminary and detailed utility usage analysis for existing facilities.
- Perform preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify conservation opportunities.
- Identify and recommend specific conservation measures for existing facilities.
- Apply building energy modeling programs to develop building load and energy models.
- Work with design/build engineering team to develop LEED certification through application of modeling programs.
- Estimate and document energy & operational savings opportunities.
- Work with Project Managers and Estimating team to develop project cost estimates.
- Develop and document design concepts for project proposals.
- Assist in development of project measurement and verification plans.
- Coordinate with utilities to obtain incentives and rebates.
- Identify project risks and work with project team members to mitigate.
- Maintain and control documents in compliance with UMC Standards as well as contractual compliance.
- Review contract drawings, detail drawings and specifications.
- Assist in proposal development, bid process and the procurement of new work.
- Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to team members.
- Develop and maintain client relations.
- Be professional and uphold UMC Core Values.
- Work directly with project managers and measurement and verification specialists to confirm estimated energy savings requirements.
- Assist Sr. Controls Specialist with Re-Commissioning efforts on existing facilities.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to lead the development of facility audit & energy conservation recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work within and foster positive working environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate energy conservation concepts.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail – errors and mistakes can result in significant financial losses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic – results driven.
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and AutoCAD.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience as an energy engineer.
- Engineering degree desired (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
- Energy modeling experience a plus.
- WA State Professional Engineering License preferred (not required)
- CEM Certification preferred
- LEED Certification preferred