First place winner of the 2015 AGC Build Washington Safety Excellence Award (Sub-Contractor 500,000 - 1 Million hours).
Engineering CAD Drafter – Level 1
Assist in the production of contract documents of Mechanical and Plumbing systems. Assist with drawing reproduction.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Set up project CAD files.
- Assist in creating project drawing sheets.
- Assist in modifying UMC files to meet customers’ CAD standards.
- Input redlined drawings into CAD using AutoCAD MEP or Revit.
- Plot, prepare, and proof drawings for final review and submittal.
- Reproduce drawing sets.
- Assist in project administration, sketch generation, research of old documentation, and electronic file transfer.
- Maintain the engineering/company drawing archive.
- Organize the reproduction room, inventory CAD/Reproduction supplies on a regular basis, order materials, and coordinate plotter/scanner maintenance when required.
- Assist in maintaining project drawing archives.
- Scan drawing sets and engineer’s markups. File the scans in the appropriate location on the UMC network
- Download updates from other disciplines (i.e. Architectural, Structural, Fire Protection, Electrical) and process them for use in our drawings.
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
- Maintain record sets of drawings and other documents.
- Utilize UMC system/standards for Xref preparation and setup.
- Record drawing maintenance.
- Post changes and revisions to record drawings.
Specific Job Skills:
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP 2017 and higher (as exhibited through scores on written exam and CAD test), Revit MEP 2017 or higher, and Navisworks 2017 or higher.
- Ability to manage electronic CAD files.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Windows applications (mainly the Windows Office suite).
- Working knowledge of Bluebeam, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with reading construction drawings is a plus, but not required.
- Management of time to meet project deadlines.
- Identification of conflicts on drawings.
- Ability to resolve drawing conflicts with help from project lead.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Receptive to on-the-job training.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of formal AutoCAD and Revit training from technical school or Community college, or
- One year of on-the-job training/experience evaluated by submission of references and sample drawings (hard copy and electronic).
Maintain a valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record. UMC reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is illustrative and in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will” and either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason, and with or without advance notice. The job requirements are subject to change within the company’s sole discretion to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.