We're not content to rest on past successes. Some of our recent projects combine this forward thinking with our longstanding pre-fabrication efforts. Using the coordinated information generated by our 3D model, we produce fully dimensional spool drawings for the fabrication of ductwork, plumbing, and piping.
Manage mechanical construction projects through effective communication, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Review job estimate and prepare project budgets.
- Estimate and negotiate change orders
- Prepare/ review submittals
- Track, forecast, report labor hours and material costs
- Buyout major equipment and subcontracts
- Expedite and track deliveries of major equipment/materials
- Maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
- Maintain and control documents in compliance with UMC Standards as well as contractual compliance
- Supervise Project Engineers and General Superintendents including quarterly and annual coaching.
- Collaborate with field labor supervision to plan, organize and schedule project work including preparation of subcontract/contract integrated project schedule
- Review contract drawings, detail drawings and specifications
- Prepare fabrication shop work package including detail drawing review, material take off and buyout, and man-hour fabrication budget
- Ensure full compliance with UMC Safety Program at the jobsite
- Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to team members
- Be professional and uphold UMC Core Values
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to accurately estimate mechanical work
- Ability to lead and foster positive working environment
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical concepts
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail - errors & mistakes can result in significant financial losses
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic - results driven
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and AutoCAD
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 5-10 years experience as a mechanical project manager
- Construction Management or Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering degree desired
- Supervise Project Engineers and General Superintendents.
Hours will often exceed 40 hours per week to effectively perform this position. Leadership and oversight responsibilities require consistent work start times and work weeks. The physical/ mental and work environment demands are described in the job description which is available upon request. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Work on construction sites will typically have more challenging access and terrain.