We are committed to a lean process for design, construction, and facility maintenance. Lean design has two goals—to maximize value and minimize waste. These goals motivate everything we do: our client focus, our love of collaborating with all stakeholders at every level of a project, our careful scheduling of work and material flow, our desire to continually improve, and our empowered team of experts.
Directs, reviews, and coordinates selection and purchase of materials and equipment for the company.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Manages purchasing of materials and equipment for the company.
- Reviews requisitions and accurately completes purchase orders within 5 business days for supplies and equipment.
- Analyzes market & delivery systems to determine present and future material availability and opportunities to combine job purchases for cost savings.
- Expedites and tracks material as required to assure on-time delivery.
- Compares prices, terms, specifications, delivery dates and awards contract to supplier with best bid.
- Effectively processes returns from job sites to minimize inventory and maximize profits.
- Processes debit memos for damaged goods or items billed but not shipped.
- Approves disputed bills.
- Obtains quotes for equipment and specialty items for the estimating department.
- Interpret specifications and drawings for equipment and specialty purchases.
- Coordinate submittal selection and identify specifications for products.
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
- Back-up other purchasing positions when needed.
Specific Job Skills:
- Advanced aptitude with numbers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, job specifications and drawings, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Advanced ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Professional and ethical.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Detail oriented.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Able to build a positive rapport with vendors.
- Willing to work as a team and with other employees.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Aptitude for working with computers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year University; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Maintain valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record.