Directs, reviews, and coordinates selection and purchase of materials and equipment for the company.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Manages purchasing of materials and equipment for the company.
- Reviews requisitions and accurately completes purchase orders within 5 business days for supplies and equipment.
- Analyzes market & delivery systems to determine present and future material availability and opportunities to combine job purchases for cost savings.
- Expedites and tracks material as required to assure on-time delivery.
- Compares prices, terms, specifications, delivery dates and awards contract to supplier with best bid.
- Effectively processes returns from job sites to minimize inventory and maximize profits.
- Processes debit memos for damaged goods or items billed but not shipped.
- Approves disputed bills.
- Obtains quotes for equipment and specialty items for the estimating department.
- Interpret specifications and drawings for equipment and specialty purchases.
- Coordinate submittal selection and identify specifications for products.
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
- Back-up other purchasing positions when needed.
Specific Job Skills:
- Advanced aptitude with numbers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, job specifications and drawings, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Advanced ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Professional and ethical.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Detail oriented.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Able to build a positive rapport with vendors.
- Willing to work as a team and with other employees.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Aptitude for working with computers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year University; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Maintain valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record.