Senior DDC Controls Project Manager
Provide overall planning, oversight and outcome responsibility for multiple construction projects from pre-booking to client acceptance. Supervise both the project team, including subcontractors and vendors, during planning, estimating, design, installation, startup, commissioning, turnover and warranty.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Manage planning, documentation and installation of building mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, Tridium (primarily BACnet) controls systems software/architecture and DDC controls system devices.
- Review contracts, drawings, and specifications.
- Manage, forecast, and report project financial performance.
- Create, maintain, and update construction schedules and deadlines.
- Manage subcontractors including RFPs, scope of work documentation, subcontracts, and approving progress payments.
- Manage the completion of all close-out documentation; warranty letters, as-builts, billings, permits, and all project records.
- Create and implement Specific Site Safety Plans and lead/ enforce safety to the highest standards.
- Estimate work and/or assist sales team with estimates.
- Monitor billing progress and pursue timely client payments.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong interactive and communication skills.
- Strong customer service and customer relationship skills.
- Knowledge of DDC Control Theory and Applications.
Education and/or Experience:
- Required Experience: 5+ years of experience in building automation controls and/or mechanical or electrical construction project management.
- Required Education: High School or GED required. BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Software Tools: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with large high-rise buildings (1 million SF and larger).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, construction management, mechanical engineering or sustainable building science (preferred).
- HVAC and/or Mechanical system experience.
- Basic knowledge of Tridium\Niagara.
- Familiar with Distech Controls (preferred).
- Potentially supervise other Project Managers and Senior DDC Controls Engineers.