UMC’s safety excellence recognized with national and regional awards
UMC wins two prestigious safety excellence awards in the first half of 2018—the 1st Place National Safety Excellence Award in the MCAA/CNA Safety Excellence Awards competition; and the AGC Washington Safety Excellence Award for Specialty Contractor 500K–1M worker hrs.
Our continued recognition year-after-year as a leader in innovative safety programs and initiatives is proof of UMC’s ongoing commitment to our number one core value, SAFETY, and the continued conscientious efforts of our people working in the field and in the shop every day. We are proud of the safety mindset that is ingrained in the very fiber of the work we do.
“The most successful way to maximize a safety excellence culture is to tap into the pride and professionalism of the team,” says Kirk Baisch, Safety Director.
CEO Jerry Bush accepted the MCAA/CNA national award in front of 1,100 attendees at the annual Awards of Excellence Breakfast at MCAA18 in San Antonio.
Safety Director Kirk Baisch with an entourage of UMC team leaders accepted the AGC WA award at the AGC 2018 Build Washington Awards held at the King Street Ballroom in Seattle across from historic King Street Station.
We are proud of UMC’s strong record of safety! Congratulations, team!
- MCAA 1st Place National Safety Excellence Award – 2018
- AGC of WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2018
- MCAWW WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2017
- AGC of WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2017
- AGC of WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2016
- AGC of WA Safety Professional of the Year – 2015
- AGC of WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2015
- AGC 1st Place National Safety Excellence Award – 2014
- SMACNA 3rd Place National Safety Excellence – 2014
- AGC of WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2014
- AGC of WA Most Improved Contractor – 2014
- AGC of WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2013
- AGC of WA 1st Place Safety Excellence – 2011
- AGC of WA Most Improved Contractor – 2011