- Skanska USA Building, Inc.
Integrated Project Delivery
Our integrated team approach saves owners, designers, and construction teams significant time and money. Whether utilizing early procurement strategies, maximizing fabrication opportunities, or reducing waste at every step of the process, we work hard to eliminate redundant work.
We have extensive experience with Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), and we’ve helped set the standard for the industry. We have completed numerous significant projects using formal IPD and lean processes, gaining valuable experience that impacts our clients’ bottom lines.
Here are just a few of the ways our integrated delivery process help clients:
- We organize work with the engineer so they can develop system details while we prepare drawings, sections, and detail documents. This allows the engineer to remain focused on mechanical details.
- We produce documents directly from our coordinated 3D model, the same one that produces our fabrication and installation shop drawings. This model provides critical data for our Total Stations, eliminating steps and saving time and money for the owner.
- When permit documents are printed for submittal to the city, our shop drawings are 60-70% complete. The accelerated output of our shop drawings allows us more time to plan and pre-fabricate.
- Our innovative fabrication techniques allow for a higher quality product with the added benefits of reduced time, a safer job site, and improved site logistics.
We also focus on early procurement, guaranteeing the availability of major equipment and vendors during the design phase. This early commitment from vendors removes budget and schedule risk while allowing the design team to detail the actual equipment being installed rather than simply a preliminary design.