UMC is a proud supporter of The Pro Shop, a nonprofit organization with the mission to empower women in architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) into greater positions of influence through the game of golf. The Pro Shop is in its inaugural year and has plans to host its own tournament, regular networking events, mentorship, and more.
“The Pro Shop is way to show our industry the value of networking and golf as an avenue that has long been primarily dominated by men. Just like the industry is adding more women, we see the golf course as a woman’s place too,” said Lisa Ulrich, a Project Executive at UMC and founding member of The Pro Shop. “We want to create a safe, judgement-free community of women.”
The Pro Shop was founded by women, for women. Founding board members include Skanska’s Dana Kimble, OAC’s Christina Millan, UMC’s Lisa Ulrich, TGB Architect’s Melissa Kelii, and Interface’s Andrea VanderLende.
These ladies are building a community with a focus on removing the barriers to bring more equity to the course and to our industry. They also want to have FUN! The perfect way to kick off this adventure and organization is to throw a party - and ALL who support this mission are welcome.
On Tuesday June 7th from 4-7 PM at the OAC Auditorium, you will learn about:
- The benefits of The Pro Shop membership, and why you don’t want to miss out on joining this community.
- Programs and events we have planned, like small group networking and coaching sessions at the driving range and on the course.
- Educational content about the basics of the game, how to get started, etiquette, what equipment you’ll need, and a forum where you can ask questions in a judgment-free space.
- Opportunities to get your company involved to support you and this important mission.
- Collabs we have planned with our favorite golf brands to get you outfitted in the coolest gear.
Why June 7th? It’s International Women’s Golf Day and the perfect reason to celebrate women in the sport! Enjoy golf-themed snacks, network with your favorite industry connections, and hear about the exciting things they have planned. Register by clicking the link below!
**Limited space is available and is expected to sell out - so please RSVP to reserve your spot.**
Questions or Comments?
For media inquiries or related questions, please contact email@example.com