Spectral areas, electromagnetic energy, nanometers—sounds very scientific! When talking Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) these are the terms you’ll hear. In simple terms, UVGI is a method that can be used to disinfect surfaces and the air within buildings. With COVID-19, UVGI is a topic on the top of many people’s minds these days.
As the special guest on the latest “The Best of MSCA” webcast, Rich Happel, UMC Associate Principal and Director of the Facility Services Group shared his expert knowledge on UVGI to help other mechanical service providers nationally (MSCA member firms) get a better understanding of UVGI for the most successful applications of this technology for their clients and the buildings they service and maintain.
On the webcast, Rich answers these questions:
- Exactly what is UVGI?
- Which UV spectrum can kill or inactivate many microorganism species?
- Can UVGI disinfect the air if you size the system correctly?
- Where should we be looking to install UVGI?
- What information must I get to properly estimate and propose a UVGI project?
- What should a customer know about maintaining a UVGI system?
To get answers to these questions, watch the video from the link above or HERE.
Questions or Comments?
For media inquiries or related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org